Rakuten Trade announced the launch of its third product in three years.
Calling it the industry’s most innovative third-party margin financing platform to-date, Rakuten Trade’s RakuMargin (楽マージン) product offers several first-in-market features. A 3rd party margin trading platform, RakuMargin is powered by Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad.
- New to Market! Completely online sign up process
- New to Market! Automated facility limit approval of up to RM100,000
- New to Market! Digital signature capabilities to accept the margin facility
- Rakuten Trade’s signature low brokerage fees ranging from RM 7 to RM100
- 8% annual interest on outstanding balance with a rollover fee of 0.5%
- 75% annual interest on available cash balance
Mr Kaoru Arai, Managing Director of Rakuten Trade, said, “We are excited to begin our RakuMargin services especially as this is the first time the product carries our brand name. Raku means easy and together it describes how easy it is to trade using the product. We developed RakuMargin based on client feedback with the aim to digitalize current industry offerings and disrupt the online equities trading arena.
“As a fully digital platform, we must be nimble and flexible in the products introduced in order to pique the interest of potential traders. With a constantly evolving market landscape, our clients expect from us innovation and convenience, combined with an affordable and seamless trading experience. Driven by this, Rakuten Trade is once again raising the bar with our new RakuMargin trading platform,” added Mr Arai.
To celebrate the RakuMargin official launch, Rakuten Trade also kicked off its Trade RakuMargin, Fly ANA Campaign with ANA (All Nippon Airways). Eligible RakuMargin traders will receive:
- 1,888RT Points for a COMBO Account opening (combination of a Cash Upfront and RakuMargin account),
- brokerage waiver on the 1st successful trade executed within 15 business days of account activation, and
- the chance to win two roundtrip tickets to Tokyo, Japan.
Since its business launch in May 2017, Rakuten Trade has successfully created a new group of digitally savvy independent investors who are keen to trade equities completely online. Its activated trading accounts has doubled in less than a year, bringing the figure to almost 60,000 accounts. Given that it caters to a growing digitally community, about 80% of its clients are below 40 years old with less than three years’ trading experience.
“Our steep upward growth is testament to our unique FinTech business model, the ability to anticipate the fast-changing digital landscape and the committed concerted efforts of the talented people behind the company,” added Mr. Arai.