Leading ASEAN homegrown investment bank, Maybank Investment Banking Group (Maybank IBG) swept 13 of The Asset Triple A awards comprising 12 Country Awards, and one Sustainable Capital Markets Award (Best Bank/Best Adviser) for Best Brokerage House in Asia Pacific.
For Country Awards, eight were won by Maybank Investment Bank (Maybank IB), the most among banks in Malaysia that included “Best Corporate & Institutional Adviser – Domestic”, “Best Loan Adviser”, “Best Bond Adviser – Domestic”, “Best M&A Adviser”, and for involvement in deals listed below.
Maybank ATR Kim Eng and Maybank Securities Thailand won Best Brokerage in the Philippines and Thailand respectively.
● Malaysia: “Best IPO” for CTOS Digital’s RM1.21 billion IPO, the largest in the country for 2021 – a win for the second year in a row in this award category (2020: Mr D.I.Y. Group). Maybank IB was joint principal adviser, joint global coordinator, joint bookrunner, joint managing underwriter, and joint underwriter.
● Malaysia: “Best Sustainability Sukuk” for SME Bank’s RM500 million ASEAN Sustainability Sukuk. Maybank IB was joint lead manager for this Sustainability Islamic Medium Term Notes programme, the first issued by a development financial institution in the country.
● Malaysia: “Best Bond” for Petronas’ US$3 billion Global Medium Term Notes, which is the largest ever 40-year tranche by an ASEAN issuer and lowest ever coupon rate achieved by any Malaysian corporate. Maybank IB acted as the arranger, dealer, principal adviser, listing agent, joint bookrunner, and joint lead manager.
● Malaysia: “Best Liability Management” for Axiata SPV5 (Labuan) / Axiata SPV2 consent solicitation whereby Maybank IB acted s sole debt adviser and joint solicitation agent for Axiata Group’s first-of-its-kind Consent Solicitation Exercise to obtain consent from the noteholders / Sukukholders on certain waivers under the terms and conditions of its notes and Sukuk issued under its SPVs (special purpose vehicles).
● Thailand: “Best Local Currency Bond” for CP All’s THB66 billion unsubordinated and unsecured multi-tranche debentures; Maybank Securities Thailand acted as joint lead arranger.
● Vietnam: “Best Syndicated Loan” for Vietinbank’s USD790 million dual-tranche syndicated term loan facility; Maybank Securities acted as joint mandated lead arranger and bookrunner.
Ami Moris, CEO of Maybank IBG said, “In a challenging market environment, these awards underscore the results we deliver for clients. In Thailand, we returned as Best Brokerage after 2019, while the awards for Best Local Currency Bond and Best Syndicated Loan in Thailand and Vietnam respectively are firsts for us. It was only a few years ago that we had established the debt capital market team in Thailand.”
“The win for Best Brokerage House under the Sustainable Capital Markets Award in Asia Pacific reflects our commitment to support stakeholders in delivering on their ESG mandates. Demand is robust for sustainable financing and sustainable investing, and we are well positioned to advise clients across the region with our specialist team of sustainability structuring advisers, and on-ground analysts providing thought leadership through ESG reports and Compendiums and our marquee event Invest ASEAN. Maybank IBG continues to elevate its game to become the region’s leading sustainability-first investment bank.”