ASUS receives recognition of its products as well as achieves top-ranking in global design categories in the iF Design Awards 2020.
ASUS is proud to announced that several of its products won the iF Design Award 2020 in the Telecommunications, Computer, Gaming Hardware/VR and Professional Concept categories.
The company also triumphed in the iF World Design Index, an index that recognises companies that have consistently excelled in designing award-winning products and have been leaders in their field or region.
The iF Design Awards, organised by iF International Forum Design GmbH (iF International) is recognised worldwide as a seal of quality for products that excel in specific criteria, including design quality, degree of innovation, functionality, ergonomics and more. iF International is one of the world’s oldest independent design organization based in Germany.
This year, the awards are decided by a 78-member jury of independent experts from all over the world to assess products and selected winners from a competitive pool of 7,298 entries from 56 countries.
“The product awards and leading rankings demonstrate the ongoing ASUS commitment to superior product design and user experience,” the company states.
iF Design Award 2020 – Outstanding Designs
ASUS and Republic of Gamers (ROG) products took the top spots for the Telecommunications, Computer, Gaming Hardware/VR and Professional Concept product categories. (Note: ROG is a brand used by Asus for its range of computer hardware, personal computers, peripherals, and accessories oriented primarily toward PC gaming.)
The winning products in the respective categories of IF Design Award 2020 are:
- ZenFone 6 : powerful smartphone featuring flip camera with 48MP Sony IMX586 and 13MP 125° ultrawide cameras that heralds a new era of mobile photography.
- ProArt Station D940MX : a workstation-grade desktop PC for creators that packs up to an Intel Core i9 CPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GPU into a stylish and compact 8-liter chassis.
- ASUS X409/X509/X545 laptops: compact and lightweight laptops featuring NanoEdge displays and NVIDIA GeForce discrete graphics. ASUS X409, X509 and X545 are powered by up to 10th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs.
- ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 and ZenBook Duo UX481: 15.6″ laptop with a 4K UHD OLED display and 14-inch full-width 4K ScreenPad Plus secondary touchscreen for endless creative possibilities.
- ProArt StudioBook One W590 : graphically powerful laptop designed for creative professionals, the 15-inch laptop features an NVIDIA® Quadro RTX™ 6000 GPU, Intel® Core™ i9 CPU and an ultrasharp 4K UHD PANTONE® Validated display.
- Chromebook Tablet CT100: the first ASUS Chrome OS tablet designed as an easy and familiar introduction to technology for younger children. It features tough all-around protection and a stunning 9.7‑inch QXGA touchscreen.
Gaming Hardware/VR Category
- ROG Zephyrus S (GX502): an ultra slim gaming laptop that features a 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ GPU and 240 Hz PANTONE® Validated display.
Professional Concept Category
- ROG Face Off, is a collaboration between ROG and BMW Designworks Group that imagines the future of gaming laptops and reflects the fact that gamers have different personalities and often work as hard as they play.
iF World Design Index 2016–2020 Recognising Consistent Excellence
In the iF World Design Index of global design leaders, ASUS ranked No. 1 in the Taiwan category, within the top three in the Computer category, and within the top ten in the Companies, Asia and In-house Design Teams categories.
ASUS Rankings in the iF World Design Index 2016–2020
|Ranking||Participants (#)||Category Group||Award Title|
|BEST||of 594||Taiwan||BEST of Taiwan 2016-2020|
|TOP 10||of 3,561||Asia||TOP 10, Asia 2016-2020|
|TOP 3||of 206||Computer||TOP 3, Computer 2016-2020|
|TOP 10||of 1,659||In-house Design Teams||TOP 10, In-house Design Teams 2016-2020|
|TOP 10||of 4,610||Companies||TOP 10, Companies 2016-2020|