Smart Investor Malaysia

11th MIRA Investor Relations Awards 2021

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

The Malaysian Investor Relations Association (MIRA), the sole established non-profit organisation for investor relations under Bursa Malaysia, successfully held its second virtual awards ceremony. With its tagline, “Reinvigorating Investor Relations in the New Normal”, the IR Awards 2021 continues to promote good investor relations, advocating greater transparency and timely, fair disclosure to achieve fair valuation for all public listed companies on Bursa Malaysia Berhad.

A total of 23 awards in eight categories polled according to market capitalisation were presented. Categories include “Best Company for Investor Relations Award”, “Best CEO for Investor Relations Award”, “Best CFO for Investor Relations Award”, “Best Investor Relations Professional Award”, Best Investor Relations Website Award”, “Best Investor Relations for an IPO Company 2020 Award”, “Best Quality of Annual Reports”, and “Best Innovation and Use of Technology for Investor Relations”.

Yang Berhormat Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar, chairman of Bursa Malaysia presented his keynote address, while Datuk Muhamad Umar Swift, chief executive officer of Bursa Malaysia delivered the opening speech. Welcome remarks were delivered by MIRA board member, Samantha Tai.

In partnership with KPMG, the awards are presented as a result of a cumulative survey stretching over two months, where 800 investment professionals and analysts covering stocks in Bursa Malaysia were invited to take part. As continuous improvement to raise the standards in IR and with current developments, MIRA and KPMG conducted a focus group session with investment professionals in March this year.

There were two notable changes in place this year, with diagnostic assessment by KPMG accounting for 40% of the weightage, with the remaining 60% made up of stakeholders’ votes, involving a series of qualitative and quantitative indicators.

The other change saw a total of eight categories awarded this year, including the new category Best Innovation and Use of Technology for Investor Relations.

The full list of winners can be found below:

BEST COMPANY FOR INVESTOR RELATIONS

  • Large cap: Top Glove Corporation Bhd
  • Mid cap: AXIS Real Estate Investment Trust
  • Small cap: AME Elite Consortium Berhad
  • Micro cap: Kim Hin Joo (Malaysia) Berhad

BEST CEO FOR INVESTOR RELATIONS

  • Large cap: Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, Malayan Banking Berhad
  • Mid cap: Joel Kornreich, Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad
  • Small cap: Ooi Chin Khoon, OCK Group Berhad
  • Micro cap: Dato’ Kamarul Redzuan Muhamed – Uzma Berhad

BEST CFO FOR INVESTOR RELATIONS

  • Large cap: Lim Cheong Guan, Top Glove Corporation Bhd
  • Mid cap: Jamie Ling, AMMB Holdings Berhad
  • Small cap: Gregory Lui Poh Sek, AME Elite Consortium Berhad
  • Micro cap: Richard Voon, AWC Berhad

BEST INVESTOR RELATIONS PROFESSIONAL

  • Large cap: Clare Chin Kit Ching, Axiata Group Berhad
  • Mid cap: Chan Tze Wee, Axis Real Estate Investment Trust
  • Small cap: Gregory Lui Poh Sek, AME Elite Consortium Berhad
  • Micro cap: Loke Cheng Mun, Aneka Jaringan Holdings Berhad

BEST INVESTOR RELATIONS WEBSITE

  • Large cap: Digi.Com Berhad
  • Mid cap: GHL Systems Berhad
  • Small cap: Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad
  • Micro cap: Kerjaya Prospek Property Berhad

BEST INVESTOR RELATIONS FOR AN IPO COMPANY IN 2020

  • Mr D.I.Y. Group (M) Berhad

BEST INNOVATION AND USE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR INVESTOR RELATIONS

  • Digi.Com Berhad

BEST QUALITY OF ANNUAL REPORTS / FORMAL DISCLOSURE

  • Top Glove Corporation Bhd

You can watch the full awards ceremony below.

As the only professional association in Malaysia dedicated to advancing the importance and standards of investor relations within listed entities, MIRA was established by Bursa Malaysia in June 2007 in response to strong growth within the Malaysian capital markets, amidst more stringent disclosure and corporate governance requirements. It is funded by the Capital Market Development Fund under the purview of the Securities Commission Malaysia. The main objective of MIRA is to facilitate communication and closer relationships between listed entities and the investment community. MIRA’s current activities cover the areas of professional development, networking and knowledge sharing. It organises the Annual Malaysian IR Awards Ceremony, celebrating excellence in investor relations.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

Recent Posts

Related Posts

Smart Investor Newsletter

Get Our Latest Articles And More Delivered To Your Inbox!